Transfer Ladles & Ladle Heaters
Our powered transfer ladles and ladle heaters can make light work of your foundry transport operations. We can provide custom ladles designed to fit specific needs with a range of: power options, barrel designs, single or multiple spout designs, and transport options.
Schaefer’s Heatflow Program is designed to show energy cost savings using a specialized flexliner that will:
- Ensure lower metal temperature loss during transport
- Reduce thermal head temperatures necessary in aluminum melt furnaces
- Reduce time and energy requirements to attain metal temperature in the holding furnaces
- Reduce lining maintenance by reducing thermal spalling
The powered transfer ladles shown are just a couple of the many designs available from Schaefer. We can provide standard ladle sizes including: 1,000 lb (453.6 kg), 1,500 lb (680.4kg), or 2,000 lb (907.2 kg) holding capacities of molten aluminum, or we can custom build a ladle for aluminum, zinc, or other metal transport.
We can provide a variety of forklifts, truck transporters or monorails to carry molten metal transfer ladles, with open tops and single or double pour spouts.
- Rugged designs – for a long production life.
- Designed with simplicity – for easy operation.
- Heavy-duty construction – long lasting in a production environment.
Schaefer ladle pre-heaters are designed according to the size of the ladle and the alloy you are heating. Steel requires a higher input versus aluminum.
- Typical burner ratings range: 100,000BTU’s to 1,750,000 BTU’s
- Regulated gas supply: ½ lb to 1lb
- Air supply required to tilt the burner into the ladle: regulated at 60 p.s.i. at 10 c.f.m.
- Power supply: 120V AC @ 30 amps
The operational procedure for this unit is as follows:
Sequence of Operation
- Place the unit so that the burner nozzle is positioned directly over the opening in the ladle to be preheated.
- Press or Pull the “DOWN” pushbutton / lanyard.
- The burner will move into pre-heat position.
- The blower will start and run for 15 seconds.
- The burner will light and run at low fire for 30 seconds.
- The burner will move to high fire and will continue to operate at high fire untill turned off.
- To turn off, press or pull the “UP” pushbutton / lanyard.
- The burner will turn off.
- The burner will move out of the way.
- The unit will have proximity switches that must contact the ladle in order for the unit to fire.
This unit will have Siemens actuator valves and Honeywell controllers and flame safeties. This fully automatic unit is the best on the market.
This versatile furnace meet the needs of a variety of metal casters, high and low pressure die casters, and permanent mold, sand, investment and lost foam foundries around the world.
- Power options
- Barrel designs
- Single or multiple spout designs
- Transport options